Early Childhood Programming
Our Program Features:
- Social and emotional development is nurtured through daily routines and activities.
- Daily themes are used to create a learning environment that will stimulate a child’s natural curiosity and desire to explore.
- Circle Time features songs, music, finger plays, movement, stories, and discussions about the world around us.
- Center-based activities allow children to develop small motor, writing, science, math, literacy, and problem-solving skills while learning to follow directions.
- Large motor skills are developed through recess on our state-of-the-art play structure and gym.
- Faith is developed through weekly visits to the chapel, Catechesis of the Good Shephard, and Seeds of Faith.
A young child’s introduction to school is an important decision for many families. We would love to have you come to tour our Early Childhood Center and experience for yourself our child-friendly classrooms, beautiful chapel, and welcoming staff. Schedule a Tour.
The Our Lady of Sorrows Kindergarten Program is aligned to the Archdiocese of Detroit religion and learning standards. Our curriculum and school day are designed to meet the developmental needs of a young child who is five by September 1. Our program encourages growth spiritually, academically, socially, emotionally, and physically.
Our Curriculum Features:
- Independent activities reinforce math concepts and problem-solving skills through Progress in Math and Math Tubs.
- Faith is formed through daily prayer, attendance at weekly Mass, and daily religion class through the use of the Image of God: Who Am I series.
- Introduction to science and social studies meet the AOD standards through creative lessons.
- Writing skills are developed through various techniques, including Zaner-Bloser handwriting and creative writing.
- Strong literacy skills are developed through the award-winning Daily Five structure, center-based learning, and the Wonders series reading curriculum.
- Creative play, movement, and recess are built into every day as an important part of social and physical development.
- Special classes stimulate imagination and growth to include Art, Music, Library, Computers, Character Development, and Gym.
- A strong science program is woven into the literacy curriculum that includes hands-on activities and experiments.
A young child’s introduction to school is an important decision for many families. We would love to have you come to tour our Early Childhood Center and experience for yourself our child-friendly classrooms, beautiful chapel, and welcoming staff.