Early Childhood Programming
Our Program Features:
- Social and emotional development is nurtured through daily routines and activities.
- Daily themes used to create a learning environment that will stimulate a child’s natural curiosity and desire to explore.
- Circle Time that features songs, music, finger plays, movement, stories and discussions about the world around us.
- Center based activities to allow children to develop small motor, writing, science, math, literacy and problem solving skills while learning to follow directions.
- Large motor development through recess on our state-of-the-art play structure and gym
- Faith development through weekly visits to chapel, Catechesis of the Good Shephard and Seeds of Faith.
A young child’s introduction to school is an important decision for many families. We would love to have you come to tour our Early Childhood Center and experience for yourself our child friendly classrooms, beautiful chapel, and welcoming staff. Schedule a Tour.
The Our Lady of Sorrows Kindergarten Program is aligned to the Archdiocese of Detroit religion and learning standards .Our Curriculum and school day are designed to meet the developmental needs of a young child who is five by September 1. Our program encourages growth spiritually, academically, socially, emotionally and physically.
Our Curriculum Features:
- Independent activities that reinforce math concepts and problem solving skills through Progress in Math and Math Tubs.
- Faith formation through daily prayer, attendance at weekly Mass and daily religion class through the use of the Image of God: Who Am I series.
- Introduction to science and social studies that meet the AOD standards through creative lessons.
- Development of writing skills through a variety of techniques to include Zaner-Bloser handwriting and creative writing.
- Strong literacy skills developed through the award winning Daily Five structure, center based learning and the Wonders series reading curriculum.
- Creative play, movement and recess built into every day as an important part of social and physical development.
- Special classes to stimulate imagination and growth to include Art, Music, Library, Computers, Spanish and Gym.
- Strong science program weaved into the literacy curriculum that includes hands-on activities and experiments.
A young child’s introduction to school is an important decision for many families. We would love to have you come to tour our Early Childhood Center and experience for yourself our child friendly classrooms, beautiful chapel, and welcoming staff. Schedule a Tour